qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] MS-DOS Network Client

From: Andreas Krause
Subject: [Qemu-devel] MS-DOS Network Client
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 09:11:07 +0100

Hi there,

did anyone successfully run Microsoft Network Client in a MS-DOS guest OS?

Here's my configuration:

- current qemu-Installer from freeoszoo
- Host OS: Win XP
- Guest OS: MS-DOS 6.22 / freedos
- Network: MS Network Client 3.0

Running qemu in PCI-mode and trying RTL8029 fails: When loading pcind.dos the
driver does not find any network interface card.

When running in ISA-mode an using NE2000 the driver ms2000.dos loads but no
packet can be received from or send to 10.0.2.2.

Please, if anyone could tell if it's possible to run preferrably in PCI mode
and how to setup networking successfully. My aim is to mount a SMB share (net
use x: \\server\share) an run an install.bat from this drive to Install my
company's NT4.0-Installation.

Thanks in advance

A. Krause