qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Missing ARMv6 instructions?

From: Chris Wilson
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Missing ARMv6 instructions?
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 19:51:03 +0000

Hi all,

On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 18:00 +0200, Wolfgang Schildbach wrote:

> I find it strange that ARM would restrict emulation of their architecture
> -- that could hardly pose a threat to their business, I would say.

Unfortunately, I don't. ARM probably makes quite a lot of money from
their development tools (compilers, debuggers, simulators) as well as
actual chips, and they have been an extensive user of software patents,
even in the EU where they are probably not valid.

How about we target OpenCores instead of ARM?

Cheers, Chris.
--