qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v2 00/18] tcg queued patches

From: Richard Henderson
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v2 00/18] tcg queued patches
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2016 13:38:32 -0700

On 09/08/2016 10:15 AM, Richard Henderson wrote:
Three unrelated patches and Pranith's memory barrier patch sets.

The alignment patch is in support of Sparc's ldf instructions:
8 and 16-byte memory operations that require only 4-byte alignment.
It's just as easy to support this kind of misalignment as any other.
As mentioned in the commit, we'd also forgotten to properly handle
arm32, mips, ia64 and sparc when it came to overalignment.

I have a follow up patch set to make use of this for target-sparc.

I've tweaked the memory barrier patch set.  For aarch64, ppc
and sparc, I've fixed the insn selection a bit.  I merged the
optimization pass into the current optimization pass.

Ho hum.  I think I've mucked something up here too.
Please ignore this pull.

r~