qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] PMON2000 compilation and kernel question

From: BALATON Zoltan
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] PMON2000 compilation and kernel question
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2019 21:29:15 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 6 Mar 2019, Andrew Randrianasulu wrote:
It worked fine with  binary pmon_2e.bin, and not for my self-compiled version.
Still, I'm not sure about what kind of config they used, and at that commit.
In this sense newer pmon is more useful because it prints git commit and  build
date.

Probably the binary is a release version maybe built from a stable branch not from the master git. But if a working firmware can be compiled from the git sources available that's probably good enough. To find out if the compiled firmware does something different with the GPU chip you can enable ati-vga traces with -trace enable="ati*" that should print register accesses (there's also a define for even more debug messages in ati_int.h). You could compare those to see if the binary does something else with the GPU.

Provided binary talks about pmon 1.1.2 (?) in top left corner.
I think one of my earlier self-compiled binaries behaved like this one
(printing a lot of pci info), but yes, something still not right  at my end
because for example DIMM size not detected correctly in my version.

What do you mean by DIMM size not detected? RAM in fulong2e is fixed at 256 MB as I wrote before so unless you remove that from mips_fulong2e.c you can't have different RAM size that. With the fixed value removed I got pmon print in env mem=256, highmem=the_rest but don't know where to map highmem so it probably won't work and the highmem area just overlaps io space so Linux will likely crash with this.

Regards,
BALATON Zoltan