qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] PMON2000 compilation and kernel question

From: BALATON Zoltan
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] PMON2000 compilation and kernel question
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2019 02:00:53 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 7 Mar 2019, Andrew Randrianasulu wrote:
To find out if the compiled firmware does something different with the GPU chip you can enable ati-vga traces with -trace enable="ati*" that should print register accesses (there's also a define for even more debug messages in ati_int.h). You could compare those to see if the binary does something else with the GPU.

hm, did this, used 'diff -y' for comparing output. It seems my version does a
lot more

Checked off-list, just for the record: looks like your compiled binary tries to set up a flat-panel display besides the CRT but flat-panel part of GPU is not modelled and with both screens pmon tries to put CRT screen at an 80MB offset which can't work as chip has only 16MB VRAM. This results in distorted screen. I'm not sure why it does that but it shouldn't try to use flat-panel display at the first place because fulong2e mini-pc QEMU tries to emulate is not a laptop and has no flat panel. The pmon_2e.bin binary does not do this and only creates a CRT screen at offset 0 so I think the config used to compile pmon is not right yet.

Regards,
BALATON Zoltan