qemu-devel

Re: deprecation of in-tree builds

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: deprecation of in-tree builds
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 13:05:34 +0100

On Tue, 31 Mar 2020 at 13:02, Kevin Wolf <address@hidden> wrote:
> Mainly because it allows me to start everything (most importantly: my
> editor, git and make) from the same directory.

You can use 'make -C build/whatever' to avoid having to change directory.
The odd one out here is configure, where you have to say
 (cd build/whatever && ../../configure ...)
I have occasionally wondered if we should add an equivalent to
make's -C option to configure, but AFAIX autoconf-configures don't
have it, so it would be an odd non-standardism.

thanks
-- PMM