qemu-devel

Re: Add TCG support for UMIP

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: Add TCG support for UMIP
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 10:55:45 +0000

On Sun, 6 Feb 2022 at 21:07, Gareth Webb
<Gareth.Webb@umbralsoftware.co.uk> wrote:

> Dear Maintainers,
>
> Please find attached a .patch that adds support for the UMIP cpu feature to
> x86 TCG. Apologies for the patch being via attachment, I can not get git
> send-email to play nice with office365.
>
> This is my first time committing to the project, so please be nice and point
> out any issues or omissions.

Hi; thanks for this patch. Paolo has already reviewed it for
the substantive content, so I'll just point out a minor coding
style nit:

+            if ((PE(s) || LMA(s)) && s->cpuid_7_0_ecx_features &
CPUID_7_0_ECX_UMIP && s->flags & HF_UMIP_MASK)
+                gen_exception_gpf(s);

Our coding style wants braces around if() bodies, even for this
sort of single-line if. (scripts/checkpatch.pl can sometimes
help with flagging up style issues, but it is not 100% able
to detect everything, unfortunately.)

thanks
-- PMM