quilt-dev

Re: [Quilt-dev] New release?

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] New release?
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 18:22:13 +0100

Yashi-san,

On Monday 07 February 2011 10:01:22 am Yasushi SHOJI wrote:
> At Sun, 6 Feb 2011 17:39:02 +0100,
>
> Jean Delvare wrote:
> > I've committed your contribution, hope I got it right.
>
> Thanks, Jean.
>
> it seems most of the updates are in there.  but, msgfmt --statistic
> show me this:
>
>  170 translated messages, 3 fuzzy translations, 1 untranslated
>  message.

The fuzzy in new.in is because of this clean-up patch of mine:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/quilt.git/commit/?id=32d71ad70e50ea0f5dd355309379d1b3695b5cf5
So it's a false positive which can be removed.

The renaming 3 issues are in parse-patch, which I think you left alone
on purpose, pending Andreas' confirmation that the script will be
deleted.

> also, if I do ./configure && make po/quilt.pot && make po/ja.po then
>  a few things (mainly line numbers) will be changed in ja.po.

Caused by fixes I committed right after your translation updates.
Nothing to worry about.

> so my question is: what is the best way for me to check/update ja.po?

You did the right thing. I (or other developers) can take care of the
minor changes myself. I'll commit ja.po when there are more of these,
and at any rate Andreas should do so right before releasing. We tend to
not commit all translation files with every change to line numbers to
not make the git history too heavy.

> Thanks for your time,

You're welcome :)

--