Re: [RP] RP more unstable lately?

From: Ryan Yeske
Subject: Re: [RP] RP more unstable lately?
Date: 20 Aug 2001 09:29:24 -0700

Jesper Holmberg <address@hidden> writes:

> I updated my version of RP over the weekend from CVS. Now, I find it
> considerably less stable. More specifically, it segfaults when I start
> certain applications (e.g. the Opera browser).

It's definitly less stable the last few days :(

> What can I do to help you find the problem? And more in general, what
> kind of bug reports are you guys looking for? I'd be glad to help, but
> don't know exactly what you're looking for.

Starting ratpoison under gdb would help.  What I do is put a terminal
emulator in my .xinitrc so that X starts up w/o a wm.  Then from
another machine I start ratpoison through gdb (after rebuilding
ratpoison with gcc -g).  When ratpoison crashes, I can go to my other
terminal and get a backtrace and see where it croaked.

Sending us the backtrace would be helpful.  Or finding a reliable way
to reproduce the bug/crash.

Ryan