[RP] Ratpoison comments from a new user

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: [RP] Ratpoison comments from a new user
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 12:15:17 -0500

Okay, I've just got to say that ratpoison is the coolest window
manager that I've come across.
Once the KDE support is fixed and themes are implemented, it can only
get better.

I'm using the cvs version (I checked it out yesterday) and one minor
bug that I thought I'd mention is that when ratpoison starts up, it
tells you to use C-t ? for help, even if the prefix key has been
changed.  Not that big of a deal, though.
Also, the info file is slightly out of date.
For escape, it still says to use the ^b notation, instead of C-b.
It also doesn't mention the rudeness command, or select -.

And if I can make a wish list, here it is.
Some things that it would be nice to be configurable, from the command
line or with a colon command, are things like whether ratpoison quits
when the last window closes, the size of the dialog box (currently
compile time options), and the font used, and the cursor that
indicates ratpoison is waiting for another keystroke.
Also, the ability to remove keybindings would be nice (on the todo
list), and the ability to have the select command, when called
interactively, show the managed windows, a combined windows/select
command would be helpful.

I've read some of the archives of the mailing list, but not all of it,
so sorry if I'm bringing up something already discussed.

But the bottom line is that ratpoison, as is, is the best (in my
opinion) wm that I've come across.
Thanks, Shawn, and good-bye rodent.

Jay