Re: [RP] Bug with bind

From: Gergely Nagy
Subject: Re: [RP] Bug with bind
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 20:27:40 +0200

> This is the problem. vsnprintf and snprintf return the number of
> characters that would have been put in the string had it been long
> enough I don't think sprintf does this and as a result
> marked_message_printf crashes. Off the top of my head I'm not sure
> how you would fix this. I'm surprised snprintf isn't part of OSF!

Well, I've seen programs include snprintf/vsnprintf implementations,
and use those if the system does not provide them. Autoconf even has a
macro to ease the use of them.

I'm now looking into this, hopefully I can come up with something tonight.

(I'll send the patch to the list for review)

Cheers,
--
Gergely Nagy \ mhp/|8]