[RP] cut and paste

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: [RP] cut and paste
Date: Wed Sep 3 16:26:05 2003

I recently fired up an X-enabled Emacs 21.3.1 (the thing with the
gutters, super and hyper, etc.) and noticed the following interesting
thing: text that is highlighted with the mouse (in apparently any
X-managed program) can be pasted into Emacs with C-y.

Then today I noticed that there is an inverse: text that is added to the
kill ring in Emacs can be pasted into any X-managed program with
Shift+Insert (I guess that is mouse-button-2).

Maybe Shawn has been trying to tell me this for a while?

Joe