Re: [RP] Exit X11 when executing "ratpoison -c colon"

From: Nikolai Weibull
Subject: Re: [RP] Exit X11 when executing "ratpoison -c colon"
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 14:21:43 +0200

On 8/18/06, Shawn Betts <address@hidden> wrote:
"Nikolai Weibull" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 8/18/06, Shawn Betts <address@hidden> wrote:
>> "Nikolai Weibull" <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > I managed to kill my X11 connection by executing
>> >
>> > $ ratpoison -c colon
>> >
>> > and entering nothing at the colon prompt.  I failed to find the reason
>> > for this behavior in the sources, so I can't provide a patch.
>>
>> Can you reproduce this in CVS? I have a feeling this may have been
>> fixed.
>
> That helped, thanks.  However, now my font doesn't work anymore:
>
> set font -Bitwi.se-Fixed-Medium-R-SemiCondensed--13-120-75-75-C-60-ISO10646-1

An i18n patch was applied which is probably what's causing the
problem. Sadly I don't really know much about that realm.

What exactly does this patch do?  Window titles aren't correct
anymore.  Ratpoison used to show "extended characters" just fine
before.  I'm sorry, but so far I think this patch has been totally
busted.  I may have missed something, but ratpoison is definitely not
better for me atm.

I did the "set font
-Bitwi.se-Fixed-Medium-R-SemiCondensed--13-120-75-75-C-60-ISO10646-1,Fixed"
thing, but that doesn't help.

 nikolai