Re: [rdiff-backup-users] User/Group Permissions Question - IS THIS A BUG

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] User/Group Permissions Question - IS THIS A BUG?
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 10:51:16 -0500

On Feb 25, 2009, at 9:25 AM, Francisco M. Marzoa Alonso wrote:
More on this. I do not know nothin about Python -or too less that can be
called "nothing"- but I'm a bit concerned about this grep:

Well, I can say right up front that this is simply not true. It is used. The preserve_numerical_ids flag is used in the function init_user_group_mapping() in Main.py, which passes it to init_user_mapping() in user_group.py from there, it has a new variable name, numerical_ids. Please try reading the source code before making alarmist comments.

Sorry I haven't had the time to explain what's going on with this "bug", or why I don't think it is one, but hopefully I can get to it soon.

regards,
Andrew