Re: [rdiff-backup-users] User/Group Permissions Question - IS THIS A BUG

From: Francisco M. Marzoa Alonso
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] User/Group Permissions Question - IS THIS A BUG?
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 17:04:04 +0100

Andrew Ferguson escribió:
> On Feb 25, 2009, at 9:25 AM, Francisco M. Marzoa Alonso wrote:
>> More on this. I do not know nothin about Python -or too less that can be
>> called "nothing"- but I'm a bit concerned about this grep:
>

> Well, I can say right up front that this is simply not true. It is used.
I was pretty sure that may be I was wrong: nice to see I was. :-)
> The preserve_numerical_ids flag is used in the function
> init_user_group_mapping() in Main.py, which passes it to
> init_user_mapping() in user_group.py from there, it has a new variable
> name, numerical_ids. Please try reading the source code before making
> alarmist comments.
As told my skills on Python are 0.00000001, so I cannot do more than a
superficial analysis than the one I did with the high risk never hidden
of being wrong. I do not think neither that my message was alarmist,
that's sure that it was not my intention. Excuse me if I've disturbed
you, I didn't want to do it.
> Sorry I haven't had the time to explain what's going on with this
> "bug", or why I don't think it is one, but hopefully I can get to it
> soon.
Nevermind, sure you'll do it before I could learn Python. ;-) :-)

Cheers,