repo-criteria-discuss

Re: RFC: criteria A4 should be a C-class criteria

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: RFC: criteria A4 should be a C-class criteria
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 01:04:41 -0500

  > >   A4 is: "Does not permit nonfree licenses"
  > >   C7 is: "Does not offer public downloads of unlicensed works"

I think we are having a misunderstanding in the expression "unlicensed
works".

It does NOT mean that the repo has no authorization to distribute copies.
(Whether the repo has no authorization is of concern only for the repo.)

Rather, it means that people who download it from the repo have no
authorization to REdistribute copied.  Distributing nonfree software
(and nonfree useful works of other kinds) is immoral.  Level A
is the right place for this.

--
Dr Richard Stallman