Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Revisiting hosted wiki software

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Revisiting hosted wiki software
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 21:11:58 +0100

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 01:49:50PM -0600, Karl Berry wrote:
>     We also have wiki.GNUarch.com which is open,
>
> BTW, this site does not come up for me.  It just hangs.
>
> I hope that a new section will be added to maintain.texi about wiki
> policies.

Apparently the website is now dead - not after being copiously
spammed, if I trust the search engine web caches.

You can check:
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://wiki.gnuarch.org
(which is quite slow)

http://web.archive.org/web/20071223093605/www.gnuarch.org/gnuarchwiki/
says:
"Copyright information: on this Wiki, each page is licensed under the
GNU General Public License; version 2 of the License*. By editing such
pages, you release your contributions under this license. Please
respect other people's copyrights. (* Yes, this is not a typo. All
such pages are licensed specifically only under Version 2 of the GPL
license.)"

I remember seeing a question about this v2-only note, I think the
answer was something like "we messed this up in the beginning, and now
we can't revert".

Basically it was a documentation wiki for GNU Arch.

The GNU Arch team was never good at keeping a website URL stable for
more than 1 year so it doesn't really surprise me if this doesn't work
again...

The wiki was reasonably active and offered quality content though,
despite being partially hijacked by the 'baz' so-called "friendly
fork" - but that's besides the point.