Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah bzr server errors out

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah bzr server errors out
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 14:15:17 -0700

Bake Timmons wrote:
> Thanks to all--I've learned from you all.  I will try again next month
> when I get more dialup hours.  In the long run, I would hope for either
> being able to resume the download of a bazaar pack or for smaller
> maximum pack sizes, say 30MB.

Here is an idea: Perhaps you could do a bzr pull onto a different
internet connected host with a faster network connection such as
fencepost or some other host.  Then use 'rsync --partial' to transfer
that copy to your system.

This would seem to have the advantage of being able to stop and
restart the rsync along the way as needed without losing the data that
has already been transferred.  You can restart it as needed and it
should eventually be able to transfer the files.  After finishing the
rsync then you should have a result that is the same as a bzr pull.
However I am not an expert on bzr and use it only sporadically.

Bob