Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] our wiki status

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] our wiki status
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 00:36:51 GMT

Current status: I've converted and imported all the substantive content
into the ikiwiki.  I don't doubt that there are plenty of broken links
around, mostly but not entirely broken in the original wiki too.

You can get at the pages by checking out the subversion (yes,
subversion) repository from the "administration" project.  The basic
format is markdown.

There's no automatic update on commit yet.  Hence there is also no web
editing.  After doing a commit, I've been manually refreshing the wiki
on frontend, like this (as myself; presumably it works as root too):
  ikiwiki --setup /usr/local/share/sviki/ikiwiki.setup --refresh

I'll see what I can do about those things tomorrow, and try to describe
more of the basic setup.  Meanwhile, let me know if you see any
unexpected problems.

As Aljoscha pointed out, ikiwiki has lots of bells and whistles.
I haven't done anything along those lines.

karl