[Savannah-hackers-public] [gnu.org #912039] Migrate gnu.org/nongnu.org f

From: John Sullivan via RT
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] [gnu.org #912039] Migrate gnu.org/nongnu.org from CVS
Date: Mon, 05 May 2014 16:57:22 -0400

> [karl - Thu May 01 17:51:59 2014]:

> 3. regardless of all that, it would be a new and significant source of
> complication on the savannah side. we already cannot come close to
> keeping up with support requests.

I believe the CVS checkout-by-cron system has been identified as a major
source of load on Savannah in the past. With git's hook system (and
better efficiency), this could help address that current problem --
changes would be pushed when they are made rather than doing polling.

-john

GPG Key: 61A0963B | http://status.fsf.org/johns | http://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

<http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=8096>