Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] requirements of a new project in GNU Savan

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] requirements of a new project in GNU Savannah
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 19:40:27 -0400

On 08/17/2014 07:07 PM, Karl Berry wrote:
< various script improvements >

will do.

Anyway, in addition to everything else you're doing, can you start
drafting some changes for the wiki, both related to the script and the
other stuff we've talked about?

I already started it , draft available here:
http://files.housegordon.org/datamash/tmp/savannah_project_submission_guidelines.md
http://files.housegordon.org/datamash/tmp/savannah_project_submission_guidelines.html

Which reminds me - is there a FSF/GNU/Savannah recommend collaborative editing
method ?
Surely not "google documents"... But I'm guessing "github gists" (or anything
github) is also out of the question.
And Savannah does not provide 'personal' git repositories for these kind of
tasks.

There are such Free-Software packages out there (e.g. "Etherpad", "StackEdit",
"Dillinger.io", etc.), but they all require the user to have a server of his own... (or worse, use "the
cloud" :)  )

P.S. Aside on random coding style:
Will do.

Also,
I'm also contemplating having this script hosted on a server with a simple CGI,
so users can post a URL of a tarball of git repository and get the results
quickly without downloading and running the script.
But that will take a bit more time.

-Assaf