[Savannah-hackers] Re: Mozilla bug 163503 makes savannah hard to use

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Mozilla bug 163503 makes savannah hard to use
Date: 17 Dec 2002 11:36:37 +0100

Guillaume Morin <address@hidden> said:

> Dans un message du 17 Dec à 10:55, Mathieu Roy écrivait :
> >         Posted By: yeupou
> >         Date: 2002-Dec-17 10:52
> >
> >         Mozilla version 1.1/1.2 does not show correctly listboxes with
> >         a ":hover" attribute, which is totally standard compliant.
> >
> >         We we'll not remove standard compliant features, it's the
> >         mozilla developers (and users) problem to conform with it. But
> >         you can use the theme called "sad" which is very basic,
> >         without the ":hover" attribute in listboxes. You can also try
> >         : linuxfrpointorg, codex, forest, water, www.gnu.org
>
> People do not ask to remove a feature but to disable it temporarily.
> Mozilla being the most popular free browser, I think we should do it.
> It is our goal to ease our users navigation, it is not to create
> difficulties.
> I think it would be justified to re-enable this feature when the
> mozilla 1.3 will be released.

Do what you want, if you have time too.

To me, what matter is standard, and it's not up to the browser to
establish standards. If mozilla has been released with such an
important bug, it's the job to the mozilla team to fix it, not to all
web developers around the world to comment out part of their work
temporarily (if so, what will it be next?).

But if you feel that's correct in this way, act the
way you propose, and so comment it out, and do not forget to uncomment
it when this bug will be fixed.

> I do not even comment on your unappropriate and aggressive tone.

Please, do it. I do not give a shit of "argument gratuit" like
this (cannot translate this right now).