Re: [Savannah-hackers] SSH configuration

From: Nic
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] SSH configuration
Date: 03 Sep 2003 10:23:28 +0100

=?us-ascii?Q?Michal=20Bidlo?= <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to configure SSH for connecting to my account on the
> savannah.nongnu.org and in FAQs I read that during generating the
> rsa key I have to enter some PASSPHRASE. Please, what is the
> passphrase (if it's not the password)? Is it an arbitrary string or
> some special information that I've not remember from my registration
> process?.  (I've better ask You first than I could do some mistake.)

The pass phrase is the text used by ssh to confirm that you are the
holder of the ssh key being used to contact savannah.

In effect it is a password.

You will have to enter it everytime you use a CVS command for
subversions (the savannah CVS server).

It does not have to be the same as your savannah account password
(but it's obviously easier to remember if it is the same).

Nic