[Savannah-hackers] Re: regarding replacement savannah system

From: Bradley M. Kuhn
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: regarding replacement savannah system
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 15:43:20 -0400

Mathieu Roy wrote:

> We have hard disk smaller than 40GB. Andi said he sent money for us
> to buy a 160GB (explicitely for Savannah).

This is logistically very difficult.  We don't have regular physical
access to the machine, which is at a coloc facility in another (albeit
nearby) town.  To replace the disk in there with a new disk, we'd need to
take another full machine to the facility, take the machine down, reimage
the disk, re-configure the bootloaders, install the new disk in the
machine and bring it up.

This ultimately comes up to a day's worth of work because of the
logistical mess.  We'd like to avoid doing that until the next time we
have to go to the coloc for another reason.

If it takes you only a few hours to swap /audio-video with /cvsroot and
change where your tar.gz files are stored, the I beg of you to please do
it.  This will by us time so we can batch this work with other work
needed in the coloc facility.

--
Bradley M. Kuhn, Executive Director
Free Software Foundation   |  Phone: +1-617-542-5942