[Savannah-hackers] Re: mailing list broken, access to the mail server, R

From: Paul Fisher
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 14:53:16 -0400

"Mathieu Roy via RT" <address@hidden> writes:

List names cannot end with reserved Mailman commands.  As of the most
recent stable release of Mailman, the list is:

-bounces : -bounces+* : -confirm+* : -join : -leave : -owner :
 -request : -admin

Where * matches zero or more characters.  With our Mailman setup,
tasklist-request looks like a request command sent to the tasklist
mailing list.

I've deleted and recreated lwip-users.  With any luck, it should be
working now.

> 2) These trouble may be very trivial (error in aliases file
>    etc.).

Mailman 2.1.2 has been randomly corrupting our mailing lists, and
there is no way to easily tell that a list has been corrupted.  I have
enough data gathered that I'm going to see if Barry Warsaw can help us
find out what's been going on.

> I asked several weeks ago whether it was possible for savannah hackers
> to get access to the mail server, to be able to fix these problems.

There are some scripts that I've written to recreate mailing lists,
which some of the savannah admins can use until this particular
Mailman bug is fixed.

> 3) Since many Savannah issues are related to computers handled by
>    sysadmin, it was said that savannah-hackers will get a read-access
>    to the sysadmin's RT.
>
> Any progress? I did not received any information about that.

Currently savannah related bugs are handled via savannah's bug
tracking interface.  Only mail related tickets make it into the
sysadmin RT queue.  We should probably create a separate queue for
mail related issues, if the savannah hackers are interested in using
RT.  The current system of emailing RT and CCing savannah-hackers
means that, by default, savannah-hackers will not see correspondence
on a ticket.  We could change that behavior with a separate queue for
mail related tickets.  What do you think?

> 4) The fencepost accounts were blocked after the last crack. I cannot
>    test if my access is now working because, I suppose, that my labtop
>    ssh key is not in authorized_keys. Would you mind adding the
>    following in this file and send me a mail when it is done?

1024 49:f1:2f:9e:3a:e5:4d:45:98:e9:61:c2:a7:eb:56:b6 is the key
currently on your fencepost account, and has been there since your
account was reactivated near the beginning of this month.

I'll add your other key to your account.

Paul