[Savannah-hackers] Re: mailing list broken, access to the mail server, R

From: Mathieu Roy
Date: 24 Sep 2003 08:29:42 +0200

Paul Fisher <address@hidden> said:

> "Mathieu Roy via RT" <address@hidden> writes:

> List names cannot end with reserved Mailman commands.  As of the most
> recent stable release of Mailman, the list is:
>
> -bounces : -bounces+* : -confirm+* : -join : -leave : -owner :
>  -request : -admin
>
> Where * matches zero or more characters.  With our Mailman setup,
> tasklist-request looks like a request command sent to the tasklist
> mailing list.

Good to know.

> I've deleted and recreated lwip-users.  With any luck, it should be
> working now.

Ok.

> > 2) These trouble may be very trivial (error in aliases file etc.).
>
> Mailman 2.1.2 has been randomly corrupting our mailing lists, and
> there is no way to easily tell that a list has been corrupted.  I have
> enough data gathered that I'm going to see if Barry Warsaw can help us
> find out what's been going on.
>
> > I asked several weeks ago whether it was possible for savannah hackers
> > to get access to the mail server, to be able to fix these problems.
>
> There are some scripts that I've written to recreate mailing lists,
> which some of the savannah admins can use until this particular
> Mailman bug is fixed.

Where are they? Which computer/directory?

> > 3) Since many Savannah issues are related to computers handled by
> > sysadmin, it was said that savannah-hackers will get a read-access
> > to the sysadmin's RT.
> >
> > Any progress? I did not received any information about that.
>
> Currently savannah related bugs are handled via savannah's bug
> tracking interface.  Only mail related tickets make it into the
> sysadmin RT queue.  We should probably create a separate queue for
> mail related issues, if the savannah hackers are interested in using
> RT.  The current system of emailing RT and CCing savannah-hackers
> means that, by default, savannah-hackers will not see correspondence
> on a ticket.  We could change that behavior with a separate queue for
> mail related tickets.  What do you think?

It would be nice to have a separate queue for mail related ticket with
savannah-hackers in Cc.

> > 4) The fencepost accounts were blocked after the last crack. I
> > cannot test if my access is now working because, I suppose, that
> > my labtop ssh key is not in authorized_keys. Would you mind adding
> > the following in this file and send me a mail when it is done?
>
> 1024 49:f1:2f:9e:3a:e5:4d:45:98:e9:61:c2:a7:eb:56:b6 is the key
> currently on your fencepost account, and has been there since your
> account was reactivated near the beginning of this month.

Thanks a lot. I was not able to test it because this key is on a
computer at home.

> I'll add your other key to your account.

Thanks

  Homepage:
    http://yeupou.coleumes.org
  Not a native english speaker: