[Savannah-hackers] Re: mailing list broken, access to the mail server, R

From: Mathieu Roy
Date: 25 Sep 2003 08:41:21 +0200

Hugo Gayosso <address@hidden> said:

> Mathieu Roy <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > > Currently savannah related bugs are handled via savannah's bug
> > > tracking interface.  Only mail related tickets make it into the
> > > sysadmin RT queue.  We should probably create a separate queue for
> > > mail related issues, if the savannah hackers are interested in using
> > > RT.  The current system of emailing RT and CCing savannah-hackers
> > > means that, by default, savannah-hackers will not see correspondence
> > > on a ticket.  We could change that behavior with a separate queue for
> > > mail related tickets.  What do you think?
> >
> > It would be nice to have a separate queue for mail related ticket with
> > savannah-hackers in Cc.
>
> I just want to raise a flag of caution when starting to use multiple
> problem tracking systems.
>
> Where I work we have this problem and sometimes it is ugly and
> problems fall through the cracks.
>
> By writing and following a few simple guidelines I think we will be
> fine.  For example:
>
> 1) All GNU System Administration (including Savannah, WWW, etc)
>    problems will be handled via RT.
>
> 2) All Savannah's users support and problem reporting will be handled
>    via Savannah.
>
> Or better, could we use just RT?  (i.e. interfacing savannah-hackers
> support link with RT)
>
> What do you think?

I do not feel necessary to add complexity to something that already
works well. Interfacing two tools that have the exact same purpose
does not make sense to me.

Your proposal does not address the problem. The problem is not how
convenient the tools used may be or not but how we can get the access
to one of these tools.

We would like to have a read access to the sysadmin RT because we
would like to be able to know what is the exact status of our
requests.

But there's no reason to change things that works well.

  Homepage:
    http://yeupou.coleumes.org
  Not a native english speaker: