[Savannah-help-public] New To GNU/Linux

From: Derrick Robert Watson
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] New To GNU/Linux
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 03:17:09 -0500

Hello,

I'm new to GNU/Linux. I would like to know if there is a way to get all the packages in one shot? Without poking each link individually like a command or a program to blast download the entire gnu directory? I'm a native Windows user that is looking for a suitable alternative to the being-robbed-at-gun-point prices that Windows OSs currently have. Getting the sources and the Linux kernel I will build my own GNU/Linux.