Re: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7064] Submission of qemuGL

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7064] Submission of qemuGL
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 13:41:50 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, Sep 08, 2007 at 11:01:28AM +0300, Alexander Shulgin wrote:
> On 9/8/07, Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I don't know if you already talked with a Savannah admin about that
> > task, but you need to do so before posting a reply, in a first step
> > (the "we discuss it together" part in our IRC conversation) :)
>
> Oops, again...  I'm sorry for misusing the task tracker.
>
> > You can get the CVS snapshot by simply:
> > cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/qemu co -D '2007-06-30' qemu
>
> Hm, I just didn't know it works that way.  I guess I've never used CVS
> for enough time to learn that...
>
> > Patches apply cleanly.
>
> They really do :)
>
> > The user should also add a copyright notice in files that he modified
> > non-trivially.
> >
> > Last, we could add a word of apologize for the delay in our response.
> >

> > Please send me what you would now send as a follow-up to this task :)

> First of all let me apologize for a delay in our response.

I think "in our previous response" would be clearer.

> With the help from my colleague I was able to retrieve the correct CVS
> snapshot and your patches apply cleanly. :-)
>
> I've identified the following files as changed non-trivially, please
> add appropriate copyright notices:
>
> kqemu.c
>
> The file target-i386/opengl_client_xfonts.c seems to come from Mesa
> 3D, but it's unclear whether you modified it or not, if so, please add
> a copyright notice.
>
> The file target-i386/opengl_utils.h is missing copyright and license notices.
>
> The file target-i386/regression_tests.sh is missing copyright and
> license notices.  However, I'm not sure it should have them--it's just
> a testing script anyway.

A testing script is an important part of a piece of software. What
really matters is whether the file is trivial or not. In our case the
file doesn't look much complicated but it is long enough to warrant
copyright and license notices :)

> Kind regards,
> Alex

I you fix those 2 small points you can post your answer to the tracker
:)

--
Sylvain