Re: screen-256color terminfo entry?

From: cga2000
Subject: Re: screen-256color terminfo entry?
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 23:38:37 -0400

On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 03:13:39AM EDT, Nikolai Weibull wrote:
> On 5/18/06, cga2000 <address@hidden> wrote:
> >On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 07:15:02AM EDT, Nikolai Weibull wrote:
>
> >> screen -t 'mail' $SHELL -c "TERMCAP= mutt"
>
> >I'll take another look at the mutt manual but I'm not
> >sure I understand why I should set TERMCAP to "mutt".
>
> No, no, your not setting TERMCAP to mutt here, you're unsetting
> TERMCAP before you run mutt (note the space between the = and the
> string 'mutt').  This is the line that goes inside your screenrc.

OK. Now the command makes sense. What I'm unclear about is why I would
need to change anything where mutt is concerned since just running
screen under your terminfo entry everything works fine. It's mainly
weechat-curses crashing that's a problem. As mentioned before, it's the
weechat developers that might help me with this if they're kind enough
to take a look. After all it's not really their problem either since
they could always say that the fault lies with the terminfo entry.

> >> Also, remember that you need a special version of ncurses for
> >> wide-character support.  Without it, you won't get correct
> >> utf-8-output from mutt.
>
> >How would I go about finding out if the ncurses lib is wide
> >character-enabled? Isn't that what 'w' means..? cf. the weechat
> >backtrace above.
>
> Yes, so you don't have a problem there :-).
>
>  n.o.w.

Any chance we'll have a more official terminfo for screen with  256
colors in the near future do you know?

Thanks,

cga