self-platform-dev

Re: [Fwd: Re: [Self-platform-dev] SELF dev status]

From: matiasb
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Self-platform-dev] SELF dev status]
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 07:51:42 -0300 (ART)

> ad. point 2 and 5: Apart from documenting the issues Matías had to fix
> manually, don't you think we need to solve them in the install script,
> in order for a smooth installation?
I think it would be good at least to have a detailed set of steps (ordered
and repeatable) to put the platform to work.

> Matías, could you please provide some additional info on 3 and 4?

>>  3. then he could navigate through the web interface, but couldn't add
>>  content yet. He had to fix some issues in the method of gbrelations.
>>

> which fix was it?
Not sure if it is ok, but there is a loop where you iterate over
instanceof (line 202 in my sources) but at instanceof is initialized empty
at the beginning of the function and never touched. Shouldn't it be on
obj_instanceof?
I also had some problems with the edit links in javascript that were not
passing all the required arguments (csid in lessonsview template, in the
edit link).

>>  4. However he still had some problems there when the function tried to
>>  set relations between subjects.
>>

> which problems?
There in the set function of gbrelations (~ line 173) is referenced a
variable "subject" but there is no such variable. I guess it should be
subject1 or subject2, but I have trouble choosing any of them for some
case.

> are required as of now.   the selfApp on cselfish and cvs, as per the
> info from Rajiv, are uptodate.  last update was made about a day ago,
> and also few hours ago today.
Great, I'll be doing the update in a minute.

>>  6. Matías also added a bug to the tracker at savannah, as he couldn't
>>  edit any content (after registering at cselfish). Something that has
>>  happened to me and others also. See the bug here:
>>  https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?22481
>>

> this bug is fixed yesterday and Rajiv notified to Matias.  I could not
> close the bug yesterday.
Right, this was solved yesterday and Rajiv mailed me about it.

I hope it is useful.
Regards,
Matías.