self-platform-dev

Re: [Fwd: Re: [Self-platform-dev] Import errors]

From: Nagarjuna
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Self-platform-dev] Import errors]
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 11:48:15 +0530

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 01:32:23PM -0300, address@hidden wrote:

> Sorry, this time to the dev list.

> Subject: Re: [Self-platform-dev] Import errors
> From:    address@hidden
> Date:    Fri, March 28, 2008 1:16 pm
> To:      "Wouter Tebbens" <address@hidden>
>

> I got an "Error encountered" message when importing the SCORM. After some
> checks I got that the problem was the index (btree) for value of page
> content in database, that is limited to row size 2728; if longer, the
> insert method of genericTable fails (table: datatypes_varchar, Index:
> datatypes_varchar_value_key UNIQUE, btree (value))
>
> Then it was not a problem with the import, but with the insert. So I tried
> to create a lesson content a bit long and then I got:
>
> Error Type
>     ProgrammingError
> Error Value
>     index row requires 17576 bytes, maximum size is 8191
>
> How would these situations be managed?

This bug was detected while we were doing the new import method, and
this is fixed about ten days ago.  The required fix needs new
gnowsys-pg.  This bug was reported and discussed in gnowsys-dev.  We
should have reported this here also.

This reminds me, that the gnowsys-pg in selfApp is not upto date.
Rajiv, can you please update selfApp files inside the gnowsys-pg.

Matias, for the time being, please checkout the latest gnowsys-pg from
http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=gnowsys
"cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/gnowsys co gnowsys-pg" should do.

Nagarjuna