Re: [Simulavr-devel] Fix for SPI Example

From: Michael N. Moran
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Fix for SPI Example
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 09:46:10 -0400

Jennifer Averett wrote:
I verified the spidata files matched between the spi test
spidata file ran the atmega48 and the atmega48 spidata
file.  Then ran the atmega48 test.  I got better results
but they still didn't match the README in the atmega48
test directory.

Hmmm. My results are considerably different for
examples/atmega48.

I attached a copy of the output produced
over several seconds.

I notice that you are using a different method of
invoking the simulation. I am invoking the check.tcl
script directly.

./check.tcl

As you can see I am get occasional
changes in the data but the values don't look correct.

I can't argue with that ;)

My atmega48 example seems to be working fine.

My spi example does not work. After playing with
it a bit, I find that the SPI interrupt is never
being called. The result is that the MISO pin (B3)
is *never* changing and thus I get all zeros printed
from the SpiSink, since the SpiSink *does* see SS and SCK
that are generated by SpiSource.

Thus, it seems there is something wrong with:

1) The SPI test code main.cpp. Perhaps a bad configuration?
2) The simulated Atmega128 SPI implementation/configuration.
3) The simulated Atmega128 interrupt implementation.
4) Something I haven't thought of (most likely ;)

--
Michael N. Moran           (h) 770 516 7918
5009 Old Field Ct.         (c) 678 521 5460

"So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains
 and we never even know we have the key."
"Already Gone" by Jack Tempchin (recorded by The Eagles)

The Beatles were wrong: 1 & 1 & 1 is 1