sketch-devel

Re: New Skencil website

From: Bernhard Reiter
Subject: Re: New Skencil website
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 20:33:33 +0100

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 08:22:55PM +0200, Joonas Paalasmaa wrote:
> Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> >> I haven't yet put the scripts that create the pages to CVS, but I will
> >> do
> >> it sometime this week.
> >
> > Have you done this yet? Haven't seen it?
> > We need the sources and the script in the regular CVS.
>
> Now also the scripts and sources are put into CVS.

Wonderful!

Can you add a head section on the python script?
Make it Free Software and note your copyright as author.

Now I just need to time to get myself familiar with it,
so I can also check in stuff in the new structure. :)

> >> How does the transfer process from nongnu.org to skencil.org work, and
> >> how
> >> are changes propagated from nongnu.org to skencil.org?
> >
> > We will use a proxy, so it will just get new pages,
> > when a request comes in and new pages are available.
> > I'll have to tell our system administrator.

www.skencil.org will now use a temporary redirect.
Because nongnu.org insists in seeing the hostname,
we need to modify our squid to be able to cope with this
only for skencil.org. This is necessary, because we cannot
add the hostname for all sites the squid answers.

> > Note that the bug/patches page changed on the old pages.

If you have time, you could update the new page from the old one.

Best,
        Bernhard R.

If Skencil is useful for you, consider tipping the project:
               http://sketch.sourceforge.net/payments.html