sketch-devel

SVG Styling support and patches in general

From: Bernhard Reiter
Subject: SVG Styling support and patches in general
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 14:58:18 +0100

Hi Roman,

first of all thanks for submitting the patch
and helping with Skencil development!

On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 06:40:20PM +0100, Roman Joost wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 06:09:15AM -0500, anonymous wrote:
> I added the patch to the tracker, but wasn't logged in. Sorry
> for the inconvenience.

I don't think this is was problem,
except that you might not have gotten Bernhard's reply in the tracker.
Or maybe you did, because it registered your email address?

As for the patch itself, Bernhard Herzog of course is a terse German
when it comes to give feedback, but note that you have gotten a long
answer which is a compliment that your code is worth the time to look into.

There are a couple of general rules that Bernhard wrote down
in that reply which are worth to be repeated here:

         - Patches should do only one thing. This patch contains
        not only code to handle the styling attributes, it also
        has code that appears to deal with gradient stops and
        rounded rectangles. Those parts shoud be removed from
        this patch. They could be submitted as separate patches,
        of course.

        - A ChangeLog entry and perhaps even some test cases that
        exercise the new features would make it easier for me to
        review and apply the patch.

Regards,
        Bernhard R.

If Skencil is useful for you, consider tipping the project:
               http://www.skencil.org/payments.html