Re: Rewriting header incorrectly?

From: Don Armstrong
Subject: Re: Rewriting header incorrectly?
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 17:41:49 -0800

On Wed, 02 Dec 2009, Daniel Norton wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 12:23 PM, Don Armstrong <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Regardless, patch it if you want; it's pretty trivial. [You just have
> > to be aware that the resulting Received header may not match at all
> > the correct Received header which would have been present if the mail
> > wasn't rewritten.]
>
> That's okay. The purpose is to create an RFC2821-compliant message
> with the trace information that's required for spam reporting.

You don't need to do this to report spam; just don't rewrite the body,
and send the message on as is. [I would think that spamcop et al.
would want the actual message, not the "sanitized" version that
spamassassin attaches.]

Don Armstrong

--
"Because," Fee-5 explained patiently, "I was born in the fifth row.
Any fool would understand that, but against stupidity the very Gods