echo while typing

From: Pierre Lorenzon
Subject: echo while typing
Date: Mon Sep 4 09:59:53 2006

Hi,

Certain speechd-el users would appreciate a more flexible
echo when typing. For instance they would like that
the voice synthesis speaks a word immediately after they
press the space, or the sentence immediately after they
press the dot or whatever ...I think, -- but if I am
wrong simply tell me, -- that such a feature does not
already exist in speechd-el. Do you plan to implement it ?

Otherwise I could do that implementing a new minor mode which
could be activated by the user and in which the space key,
the dot key etc will be mapped on suitable functions. These
lisp functions will use the speechd library. Surely if you
suggest me a cleaner way, every suggestion will be appreciated.

Bests

Pierre