Current Roadmap

From: William Hubbs
Subject: Current Roadmap
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 14:08:11 -0500

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 07:15:08PM +0200, Andrei Kholodnyi wrote:
> > We should plan to start working on the 0.8 release fully just
> > after the 0.7.1 release is out, this likely means from September.
>
> Hynek, I have a proposal concerning 0.8.
>
> What about to pick up opentts as a speechd code base for the upcoming 0.8.
> just rename otts_ stuff back to spd_.
>
> opentts code base is cleaner with more features (internationalization,
> audio subsystem clean up, pico, etc.).

I've been thinking also about how we can do this, and I think the best
route to take will be to not try to pick up the OpenTTS code base, but
to bring the features we want to Speech Dispatcher.

There are some coding decisions we made in the OpenTTS code base which I
would be against bringing forward to Speech Dispatcher.

William