stumpwm-devel

Re: [STUMP] Weird behavior with XRandR and two screens

From: John Li
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Weird behavior with XRandR and two screens
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 15:48:40 -0400

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 04:20:47PM +0200, Joeli Hokkanen wrote:
> On 19:48 Mon 09 Mar     , John Li wrote:
> > Yes, it /should/ =). It works fine for me, fwiw. There is still at
> > least 1 bug related to adding/removing monitors while Stump is running
> > that causes it to crash, I believe, but I had a hard time figuring it
> > out and haven't run into it in a long time.
>
> That's what I heard at #stumpwm too, but as my setup works just fine on
> every other WM I've tried (even Ratpoison), I think there's more than
> just one bug now. ;)
>
> FWIW, I also tried running StumpWM without my ~/.stumpwmrc, but it
> didn't work either.

Rereading the thread, the bizarre freakout behavior you get makes me
want to ask what kind of video card you have, and if you're using a
binary driver. But if your setup works with all other wm's....

Could you relate exactly how you start up X and how you set up the
monitors? Do you have stuff in xorg.conf to configure both monitors to
use? Do you run "xrandr" commands when you start x through ~/.xsession
or something similar?

Rather puzzling. Unfortunately, I'm not that familiar with StumpWM's
multihead code - you'd have to go to male, as I believe he wrote it
all originally.

Good luck, sorry I'm not more help,
John