Re: gnu soc status

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: gnu soc status
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 17:47:51 -0500

    I am less than ecstatic about the proposal as it now stands -
    basically, he just rehashes the project description.
    I left some comments there.

Thanks much for looking.

Given that we have to drop one more proposal to get to our slot count, I
guess this is the one.  All the others above it were stronger, looked like.

If anyone thinks that their "approved" proposal has a significant chance
of failure, please let me know.  Otherwise (modulo the specific Hurd
proposal and/or students choosing a different project), the top 8
proposals in the listing are the ones that are in:

gnowsys, coreutils, libjit, gdb/mi, guile/elisp, screen, smalltalk, hurd.

Let me know if questions/problems/vociferous complaints :).

karl