probeDisplay

From: Ginger Booth
Subject: probeDisplay
Date: Tue, 28 May 96 16:11:47 EDT

Hi, gang,

    Just installed latest release, and had some odd problems:

    1. FWIW(NM), BLT 2.1 on an HP builds most unreassuringly.  Most of (not
all) the demos execute OK, partway.  Rick and I both concluded
that whatever it took to get the shared library to build, wasn't worth it.
Might be nice to add something to your FAQ suggesting what minimal subset
of BLT ought to work right for Swarm to proceed.  (As in, warn the novice
that it isn't going to install cleanly.)

    2. Heatbugs dies.  Swarm make'd without a whimper, so did the other
apps (mousetrap and market), and they executed fine.  But heatbugs crashed
with "Illegal instruction (core dumped)".  Gdb:  no backtrace.
So I tossed in some printf's, and found that heatbugs executes fine,
after commenting out each of 3 calls to createProbeDisplayFor: .

    Since I don't intend to use probes for anything this week, I'm going
to let this dead dog lie for the nonce.

Ciao,
    Ginger