swarm on linux

From: Kerry Hanson
Subject: swarm on linux
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 18:20:40 -0500

I've just reinstalled Linux to a recent Slackware version (kernel 1.8.83)
and have upgraded the swarm software to the recommended versions.  I've also
made the bug fix that Manor recommended in MessageProbeWidget.  Everything
installed and compiled cleanly but heatbugs, market and mousetrap won't run
due to an arithmetic exception. The stack output (from heatbugs) is:

Program received signal SIGFPE, Arithmetic exception.
#0 0x80659eb in __objc_init_install_dtable (receiver=0x808eefc,
op=0x808f280) at sendmsg.c:210
#1 0x802caf0 in initModules () at program.m:82
#2 0x802ce92 in _obj_initModule (module=0x8086b44) at Program.m:174
#3 ox800a993 in initSwarm (argc=1, argv=0xbffffbb4) at simtools.m:25
#4 0x8005246 in main (argc=1, argv=0xbffffbb4) at main.m:19

The earlier versions of the swarm demos all compiled and ran fine.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Regards,
Kerry Hanson

Kerry Hanson                        First there is the beginning;
GII Strategy Manager                Then there is the middle;
Texas Instruments, Inc.             Then there is another beginning...