Setting up Linux etc, ...

From: Mr X.Y.Huang
Subject: Setting up Linux etc, ...
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 11:14:07 +0000

I have been starting to do somethings to set up Linux, Objective-C
compiler, X-window, Swarm, etc.  Here are a list of things that I
know or that I do not know, could any of you please correct me or
give me answers to those I do not know?
(1) I KNOW that to set up Linux: I can buy a distributable version
like RedHat from market;  I know my pentium PC with 16 MB RAM
is OK but I can add another 16 MB to it, so that is enough;
(2) I KNOW I can ftp swarm from internet
(3) But I do not know whether X window is included in the RedHat or
not; if not I do not know what should I do. Should I buy it? How much
would it be?
 (4) I do not know whether the Objective-C environment is
included in the RedHat or not. If not, where I should get it and its
price.

---
Xueyue Huang
Center For Transport Studies