Re: createActionTo question/error

From: Dwight Wilson
Subject: Re: createActionTo question/error
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 1997 13:17:19 -0400 (EDT)

>I don't seem to be able to execute actions that use 2
>arguments.  Is this not supported yet?
>
>In particular, I create the following action with no
>problems:
>
>   [ displayActions createActionTo: self
>                           message: M(updateHisto:)
>                                  : (id)aHisto
>                                  : (id)aList       ];
>
>But when the action is executed by the schedule, I get the
>following error:
>
>   error: AgentObserver (instance)
>   AgentObserver does not recognize updateHisto:
>   Abort (core dumped)
>

>I interpret this to mean that the Schedule class does not
>support actions with 2 arguments.  Or perhaps I am doing
>something wrong?

If I'm right about what the problem is, you're going to want to kick
yourself.  Based on the definition of updateHisto you gave, try changing
the line

   message: M(updateHisto:)
   message: M(updateHisto::)

Let me know if that fixes it.

This will have to go in the "Traps" section of the "Trips and Techniques"
compilation, which will never actually get done unless people start
sending me some of their favorite tricks and techniques (hint hint :-)).

-Dwight
"When there's trouble you call DW."
                     -Darkwing Duck