Re: createActionTo question/error

From: Ken Cline
Subject: Re: createActionTo question/error
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 1997 14:33:02 -0400 (EDT)

Dwight,

Thanks!!!  That was exactly it.

How did I miss that?  I suppose there's a lesson here about
coding when you're tired.

Thanks for the reminder about the "Tricks and Techniques"
compilation, I can't remember any off the top of my head but
I'll try to think of some and jot them down.  (I know Barry
has posted some interesting thing to be wary of, such as
representation of different base data types, ie floating
points, booleans, etc.  Have you been collecting that
stuff?)

Thanks again!

Ken.

PS "Trips and Techniques" was a typo right?  Although, I'll
admit that sometimes ObjC coding can be quite a "trip". /////
                                                         @ @
                                                          0
On Sat, 5 Jul 1997, Dwight Wilson wrote:

> If I'm right about what the problem is, you're going to want to kick
> yourself.  Based on the definition of updateHisto you gave, try changing
> the line
>
>    message: M(updateHisto:)
>    message: M(updateHisto::)
>

> Let me know if that fixes it.
>
> This will have to go in the "Traps" section of the "Trips and Techniques"
> compilation, which will never actually get done unless people start
> sending me some of their favorite tricks and techniques (hint hint :-)).
>
> -Dwight
> "When there's trouble you call DW."
>                      -Darkwing Duck

Ken Cline                             address@hidden
SAIC                                 VOICE (410) 571-0413
Annapolis, MD                          FAX (301) 261-8427