Re: Compiled app won't run

From: Tony Bigbee
Subject: Re: Compiled app won't run
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 1997 19:29:49 -0400

Hola Jon -

> However, after I run "make", typing
> in "heatbugs" generates a message that the command is not found (even
> though it listed in the directory). As I said, I'm new to working on
> linux. After running make, and watching the compile, what do I do next?
> I also had the same problem with SimpleCBug. Tried typing "bugs" after
> the compile and the system says command not found.

Try:

./heatbugs

The period slash combination tells the shell to look in the current
directory (assuming you're in the heatbugs directory where you compiled the
executable).  If you wanted to execute something in a parent directory (one
level up) while staying in the current directory, it would be:

../someapp

You have exhausted my linux expertise :P

Tony