Re: Swarm for SGI

From: bleydorf
Subject: Re: Swarm for SGI
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 09:21:01 -0400

Bill wrote:

> The link for SWARM for SGI is dead. However, in the on-line installation
> documentation under platforms, there is a reference to SWARM running on SGI
> platforms. Any information about problems running SWARM on SGI (Challenge)
> under Irix would be appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Bill Paterson
> University of Kentucky

I tried to install Swarm on a IRIX 6.2 system.  I gave up.  Support
(from SGI) was terrible.  Bob Bell is the only "swarmer" to get it to
work on a SGI (IRIX 5.3).

I can tell you this:
You will need the IDO, or Iris Development Option.
And, I did happen upon an description on how to install GCC 2.7.2 on a
IRIX 6.2 on the net.  I posted it on the Swarm Support pages, Im sure if
you search for it you will find it in the archives...

Hope this helps....

Brad Leydorf