Re: Swarm for SGI

From: John A Eikenberry
Subject: Re: Swarm for SGI
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 10:37:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 7 Jul 1997, J.J. Merelo Guervos wrote:

> Previous versions run OK in an Irix 4.0.1. I haven't yet been able to
> get gcc 2.7.2.1 (compiled version) up and running in an SGI O2, Irix
> 6.3, not to mention Swarm. Any help will also be appreciated.

JJ,

I haven't been able to get swarm working on our O2 either, but I have a
gcc that sorta works. I have been able to compile things like tcl and joe
with it. It's a precompiled gcc 2.7.2.2 plus the gnu assembler, gdb and
two essential IDO components. I found at reality.sgi.com/ariel/freeware/.
To get it to work, I had to replace the compiler_eoe package on the O2
with the one from the IDO.

This package was built based on the instructions from :

http://reality.sgi.com/knobi/gcc-2.7.2.x-on-irix-6.2-6.3

Which are worth looking at even if you use the precompiled gcc.

Ciao,

John Eikenberry
address@hidden - http://www.ai.uga.edu/students/jae/]
 will deserve neither and lose both."