Displaying before running

From: Nelson Minar
Subject: Displaying before running
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 18:14:54 +0200

Several of my students have a very natural question - they want to
display the state of the world at time 0. That way they can see the
initial conditions of the system.

However, I can't figure out how to make that happen with the standard
ModelSwarm / ObserverSwarm split. The problem is both schedules have
an action at time 0. But it's magic behind the scenes which actions
happen first.

Back when we designed this whole mess we talked a lot about making
sure that people could specify relative ordering of actions in these
circumstanecs. Is that possible in this case? If so, how?

(The quick hack - don't start the model until time 1 - doesn't work.
For some weird reason the repeat interval can't be equal to the first
time that action happens.)