Re: Displaying before running

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Re: Displaying before running
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 03:02:08 +1000

There must be some sort of pre-science going on here. I was contemplating this
exact problem just before logging in and checking my e-mail.

If anybody knows how to do it - I also would like to know - it's
frustrating missing
the first time step of the simulation! I often want to check if my
initialisations
are behaving themselves and I *just* miss them, so to speak...

Alex

At 06:14 PM 11/7/97 +0200, you wrote:
>Several of my students have a very natural question - they want to
>display the state of the world at time 0. That way they can see the
>initial conditions of the system.
>
>However, I can't figure out how to make that happen with the standard
>ModelSwarm / ObserverSwarm split. The problem is both schedules have
>an action at time 0. But it's magic behind the scenes which actions
>happen first.
>
>Back when we designed this whole mess we talked a lot about making
>sure that people could specify relative ordering of actions in these
>circumstanecs. Is that possible in this case? If so, how?
>
>(The quick hack - don't start the model until time 1 - doesn't work.
>For some weird reason the repeat interval can't be equal to the first
>time that action happens.)
>
>                  ==================================
>   Swarm-Support is for discussion of the technical details of the day
>   to day usage of Swarm.  For list administration needs (esp.
>   [un]subscribing), please send a message to <address@hidden>
>   with "help" in the body of the message.

  Alex Lancaster
   e-mail: <address@hidden>